This Spring Break I was given the opportunity to go on a mission trip with the BCM to Canada. We worked along side with a local church while witnessing to the students at the University of Manitoba. The week was primarily focused on evangelism. Our days typically consisted of…
- Waking up freezing cold, but we survived!!!
- Heading to Campus
- Finding a Tim Hortons for coffee (this was a must)
- Setting up different tables around campus with soularium cards (basically cards that lead to gospel centered conversations)
- Walking around campus sharing the gospel and handing out cards for an event we were putting on with the church we were working with.
Let me tell you, GOD SHOWED UP THIS WEEK! He opened doors and opened hearts. Two people made professions of faith while many others were able to connect to the church. (Praise Jesus!!!!) I was astonished by the number of people that were unaware of the gospel. Y’ALL, PEOPLE NEED JESUS!!! This trip there were a handful of things the Lord revealed to me. Most I was aware of already, but He sent me some friendly reminders.
- People that say they are “Christians,” aren’t always Christians.
- People are searching for something
- People live HARD lives
- The Lord reveals himself to his people
- People are confused
- People need Jesus
- I need to share the gospel more
- HE IS FAITHFUL
- He alone saves
It was also made aware to me that…
- Floor hockey is a BLAST
- Canada is COLD
- Laughing is FUN
- Driving is LONG
- Canadian crepes are DELICIOUS
- Fellowship with fellow believers is so SWEET
I am so thankful for those of you who financially supported me and for those who were consistently praying for us. The gospel was shared, seeds were planted and we were blessed enough to see some of the fruits from those seeds. We are continuing to pray for those that need the Savior. Many close relationships were formed throughout the week. We are praying that we can continue to keep in touch and follow through with some of these students that we connected with this past week.